The next time you are thinking about taking a tour, maybe the best idea is to move off the beaten path of museums, palaces, and quaint sights. Instead let your vacation be ruled by your stomach. When planning French vacations you can rest assured that there is plenty of wonderful eating to keep you in country for several weeks and that’s if you simply stick to the French restaurants that placed in the World’s 50 Best Restaurants.
Now rest assured, these restaurants have been voted on by a panel of over 900 experts. Of the top 50, six can be found within France’s borders. Here they are in the order that they placed in this prestigious competition.
- The top French restaurant is L’Arpège, found at number 16 in the world. Here chef Alain Passard can be found creating vegetarian masterpieces. Don’t be fooled though, you don’t get to number 16 in the entire world without doing something right. Located at 84 Rue de Varenne, 75007 Paris this restaurant boasts incredible dishes presented in a simple manner that will take your breath away.
- Clocking in at 18 is Le Chateaubriand led by Inaki Aizpitarte. At 129 Avenue Parmentier, 75011 Paris we find a restaurant that critics call “a forerunner of the Parisian neo-bistrot movement, but it’s also traditional, buzzy, egalitarian and brilliant.” The menu in this innovative eatery change as easily as the seasons and reflect the cuisine and style that are available on that day.
- Behind door 23 we find L’Astrance located at 4 Rue Beethoven, Paris 75016. This proves that fine dining is still alive, while using cutting edge fusion to show a flair for international cuisine. Pascal Barbot miraculously manages to create a gastronomic experience that appeals to both traditionalist and the foodie alike.
- At 24 we have L’Atelier Saint-Germain de Joël Robuchon, found at 5 rue de Montalembert, 75007 Paris. Chef Joël Robuchon strips away the fancy frills of fine dining, instead replacing it with an almost theatrical display of cooking as the kitchen is visible to all.
- Number 28 brings us Mirazur, found at 30 Avenue Aristide Briand, 06500 Menton. At Mirazur can be found Mauro Colagreco and his brand of “New Natural” food. In this style of cooking the food is presented in “an unadorned state.”
- Checking in at 49 was Septime, located at 80 Rue de Charonne, Paris. This restaurant is home to Bertrand Grebaut who hosts a simplistic, yet “spontaneous and delicate” style to his food.
While a foodie trip through France is not for everyone, it can provide a very unique vacation for those who appreciate amazing food. Remember, there are plenty more restaurants to sample wonderful French cuisine. These are just the cream of the crop. For more information on planning your next trip to France contact us and let us do the incredible.