Hotel Abbaye Ecole de Soreze
In 754, Pépin d’Aquitaine founded an abbey on swampland in Sorèze, at the foot of the northern slope of the mountain.
Over the centuries, the abbey was destroyed and pillaged several times. King Louis XIII gave it to Dom Barthélémy Robin in 1636, and he in turn restored the buildings and made the monastery an affiliate of the congregation of Saint-Maur. The Benedictines opened a school in 1682.
Louis XVI raised it to the rank of Ecole Royale Militaire in 1776 and its teaching drew in boarders from the far-off islands.
In 1854, with the arrival of Father Lacordaire, a Dominican, the school gained a new impetus and its fame spread well beyond the region and the borders of the country.
The rooms :
he Hôtel Abbaye Ecole de Sorèze is located in the south of the Tarn, in the lower foothills of the Montagne Noire, or Black Mountain, and within the boundaries of the Haut Languedoc Nature Park, 5 minutes from Saint-Ferréol Lake and 60 minutes from Toulouse, Albi and Carcassonne.
The complex is made up of 2 hotels: