<!–^~^69|right|^~^–>Leading industrial sectors in France :
- Construction and civil engineering. Annual production : 797 billion francs ($159.4 billion). Four French groups (Bouygues, SGE, Eiffage and GTM-Entrepose) rank among the top ten in European construction, with an annual turnover of 158 billion francs ($31.6 billion).
- Agri-foodstuffs. Annual turnover: 637 billion francs ($127.8 billion). Leading sectors: meat and dairy production, cereals, confectionery, soft and alcoholic beverages. Leading exporter and second-ranked producer in the EU.
- Chemicals, rubber and plastics. Annual turnover: 348 billion francs ($69.6 billion), fourth world exporter.
- Parachemicals, pharmaceuticals. Annual turnover: 234 billion francs ($46.8 billion), third-ranked world exporter.
- Automobile industry. France is the world’s third largest exporter of cars. Renault and PSA (Peugeot-CitroÃŽn) are respectively the tenth and 12th largest groups in the automobile sector worldwide. Some 3,558,400 vehicles were produced in 1994.
- Metallurgy, metals processing. Annual turnover: 251 billion francs ($50.2 billion)
- Telecommunications and postal services. Annual turnover: 205 billion francs ($41 billion). The French telephone network, over 95% digitized, is one of the most modern in the world.
- Shipbuilding, aircraft and railway industries. Annual turnover: 116 billion francs ($23.2 billion); 44.5% of production is exported.