In Armagnac, legend has it that, one day long ago, Baron de Sigognac took all the traditional clocks out of his cellars. Fascinated by the mystery surrounding the way Armagnac ages, he had some very strange timepieces made. On these clocks, the face had ten divisions instead of twelve. The seconds had become years, the big hand moved only once a decade and the hour hand marked the centuries.
Baron de Sigognac had found the core of the mystery of Armagnac…
The legend adds that, with time, Baron de Sigognac came to trust only his palate in telling the age of an Armagnac. The clocks were left unwound.
Baron Sigognac himself had become the memory of his Armagnacs.
Baron de Sigognac Armagnac is born of the spirit and passion that for centuries have fired the soul of Gascony, emblematically represented by D'Artagnan,
the valiant Musketeer.
The Guasch family, whose vineyards of Ugni Blanc and Baceo are dedicated exclusively to producing Bas Armagnac, invite you to step into another dimension, the timeless dimension of Baron de Sigognac.
The Product – The Range
Baron de Sigognac is also proud to present his prestige collection of the finest and rarest vintages.
Aged in oak barrels for decades, these Armagnacs are at their peak,
lovingly stored in demijohns to preserve their unique character and the warmth of their aromas.
- Winner, VS Armagnac category – Internationnal Spirits Challenge 200
- Gold Medal for the 1986 vintage – International Wine & Spirits Competition 1999
- Gold Medal for the 1978 vintage – Concours Mondial, Brussels 1998
- Gold Medal for the Hors d'Age / 10 year-old – Blaye-Bourg International Challenge 1995
- Silver Medal for the 1939 vintage – Blaye-Bourg International Challenge 1995
Castelnau d'Auzan 324400